The Rock Christian School is a ministry of The Rock Church and World Outreach Center serving elementary, junior high, and high school students. Our school provides a loving environment that is clean, safe and supervised by our caring and well trained staff. We take pride in helping each child feel comfortable and able to focus and learn in our family style environment. Our class sizes are designed to give each child an opportunity to participate in active learning.
We believe in a strong Christian approach to education. Each day begins with prayer, praise, and God’s Word. This provides the foundation for a successful day of learning. Each academic subject is filled with challenging lessons.
Kinder-6th grade-ABeka books
Seventh-twelfth grade- ABeka, Step Up to Writing, Savvas, ACE
ABeka book and ACE are built on a scriptural foundation of academic excellence and for building good character. Our Christian School benefits from their treasury of textbooks and teaching materials that reflect the very best in traditional education, comprehensive curriculum, and Scriptural truths.
- Monthly Chapel & Bible study: All grade levels attend monthly Chapel with worship band. Curriculum includes Bible study.
- Advanced curriculum: Our curriculum is based on the national standards for education.
- Online access: FACTS and Google Classroom programs allows parents and students to stay connected with assignments, attendance, and grades. Each Upper level student will receive a school email address.
- Standardized testing: All students participate in the Iowa or Stanford 10 test which ranks your child on a national level.
- Parent-teacher conferences: Formal conferences twice a year. Teachers are always available for informal talks throughout the year.
- Student Success Team (SST): TRCS offers individualized plans for education to those students who are behind or above the grade level.
- Performances and assemblies: Children participate in monthly assemblies and class performances. Parents are invited to a Citizen awards and Honor Roll assemblies. Annually we have holiday productions and promotional events.
- Field trips: Various field trips are based on the child’s interest and curriculum standards (museums, hiking trips, amusement parks, and performing arts).
- Before / After School Care: Closed for now due to COVID guidelines. We offer extended day care with homework help, projects, sports games and more.
- Daily PE: Daily activities include sports, timed exercise tests, and the mile run!
- What is the difference between private school and a public education? Smaller class sizes, individualized approach to learning, daily Bible study and emphasis on Christian morals, as well as qualified Christian educators that will care and pray for your child.
- How would I transfer my child? Inform your current school that your child is transferring to a private school. Then, contact the school district and they will send your child’s transcripts.
- What forms do I need to apply and register? Register online and bring your child’s birth certificate, shot record and last report card to the office, along with your registration fee. You will pick up a physician’s report for your doctor to sign and a login code for the application and registration forms online.